skip to main content
Close Icon We use cookies to improve your website experience.  To learn about our use of cookies and how you can manage your cookie settings, please see our Cookie Policy.  By continuing to use the website, you consent to our use of cookies.
Global Search Configuration
Executive Summary

According to the National Institutes of Health, 126.1 million adults in the U.S. (or 40.1% of the population) report experiencing some pain in the previous 3 months, with 25.3 million (or 8.1%) suffering from chronic pain and 23.4 million (or 7.4%) reporting high pain levels (Nahin, 2015). According to the American Pain Society, the direct and indirect costs of pain in the U.S. total between $560 billion and $635 billion, with direct healthcare costs accounting for 47% and indirect costs such as lost worker productivity accounting for the remaining 53%. Pain-related costs exceed those of heart disease ($309 billion), cancer ($243 billion), and diabetes ($188 billion) (Gaskin, 2012).

U.S. Markets Approaches to Pain Managment

Multidisciplinary pain management plans may involve the use of pharmacologic, device-based, or alternative therapies; a combination of these modalities often is required to achieve optimal pain relief, particularly for those suffering from chronic pain. A major trend driving the innovation and development of improved pain management treatments in the pain management industry is the demographics of the aging United States (U.S.) population.
U.S. Markets for Pharmacologic and Device-Based Approaches to Pain Management Meddevicetracker.

Read also

  • Biomedtracker: follow the drug development process

    Biomedtracker 2018 Early Outlook Report

    What's on the horizon for pharma in 2018? Find out with Biomedtracker&rsquo;s Early 2018 Outlook Report extract. Download free extracts from this essential report, which investigates the catalysts expected to occur in the first part of the year for 21 different drugs.<br />

    Topics Drug development landscape

  • Biomedtracker: follow the drug development process

    Accurate, Intuitive and Updated In Real Time

    03 Apr 2017

    Learn why pharmaceutical, biotech, and investment companies rely on BioMedTracker for its insight on the likelihood of approval, commercial potential, and future data and regulatory catalysts for drugs within the competitive landscape of every important disease and indication.

  • In Vivo: strategic insights for life sciences decision-maker...

    Pharma News and Healthcare Business Insights

    <p><span>Pharma Intelligence offers a wealth of pharmaceutical industry news and strategic insight into the healthcare &amp; biotechnology markets from around the world. Working in an interconnected global network, our 65 journalists and over 300 in-house analysts supply comprehensive analysis and reports.</span></p>

;

Next steps

Getting a demo tailored to your needs is the best way to see how our solutions will help you gain an advantage.

Request live demo now:

Our team is always happy to hear from you. Please call us at:

  • US Toll-Free  : +1 888 670 8900
  • US Toll           : +1 908 547 2200
  • UK & Europe : +44 (20) 337 73737
  • Australia        : +61 2 8705 6907
  • Japan              : +81 3 6273 4260

Or please submit your inquiry via the form so that we can provide you the best possible customer service.

Have an immediate and specific information need?

Browse and buy from 1000s of analysis and research reports now: